Friday 17 August 2012

Billy's Camp No. 23. Darwin.


17/08/2012

Hi All,
As mentioned I moved from Shady Camp on 27th July and headed to Darwin via the Arnhem Hwy, a short drive of 1.5 hours. I have been at Darwin since then and have viewed most of the local attractions. Its now 3 weeks since arriving and the temps have been consistently 30' during the day and getting down to 15 on a cold night.
I'm heading off towards Broome via Timber Creek and Kununurra and will have a look at Wyndham, apparently there is a confluence of 5 rivers there. There are some areas I will not see as the area is becoming dryer by the day, I can come back for those :). Unfortunately I need to backtrack ( I dont like backtracking ! ) down to Katherine to get on the Victoria Hwy, but you get that !
I have not taken many pics as most of the stuff is typical city touristy, albeit interesting. Darwin is a top place.
I did the markets, most museums, deck chair cinema, local water/interest spots and lots of counter lunches at surrounding area taverns/pubs.
I've  also learnt N.T. stands for, Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Tuesday, Not Thursday...........
Its now 6 months on the road and 14000 k's.
B52 bomber cockpit at Aviation Museum....??
Anon, circa 1940. It was at the Aviation Museum. ??


Underground WWII oil storage tunnels under Darwin City


War Museum...search light lens

Looking over Fannie Bay back to the city. Most high rises are residential and not office buildings

Fannie Bay

...from the Trailer Boat Club, lots of clubs and taverns here.

Adelaide River Pub...the 303 bar..most localities have a pub/tavern
Crab Claw Island

Dundee Beach

The fishos pay $25 to have their boat launched and retrieved...or $100 to have their bogged 4WD pulled out !!





A "Rocky Horror Show" fund raising night at the Humpty Doo Golf Club....


 ttfn.....:)

Billy


4 comments:

  1. The water at the beach looks pretty. Crocs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah what about crocodiles? You know - you have to respond to comments if you want ppl to read your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my youngest and last daughter, thank you for looking at my blogs, its a bit like those who believe indonesia is part of Oz, some people think the internet is ALL over Oz.

      Delete