Tuesday 3 June 2014

Billy's Camp No. 35 and 36, Niagara Dam and Leonora


3/06/2014

I left Kalgoorlie with the intention of going to Kookynie and stopped at Niagara Dam for a quick look and stayed 4 nights.
I stayed 2 nights at Leonora.
The town of Niagara lasted 20 years, until the gold ran out, as is the case with all these towns.
Abandoned Menzies road house


Looking towards the dam wall, it was built to provide water for the steam trains

Beyond the dam wall

same flowers



Camel hoof prints...I'm getting closer.

Salmon Gum

Lake Niagara camp.... and free too !
Fished both waters...no luck

But heaps of yabbies

  
These are everywhere... I couldnt see the bottom.


Hmmm...its now dead.
At lake Raeside on the way to Leonora

Too easy...Leonora caravan park
The yabby meal.... pan fried w  butter and a tad of garlic... in a thin omelette... my very own creation :)
Another road animal sign to the collection

The working mine at Leonora

Gwalia....how it used to be...this was a guest house


At the caravan park... multi dollars....but no boat...wonder what they do.
Im leaving tomorrow 4/6/2014 and I will be taking the dirt tracks towards Mount Magnet...only 250 k's from the Indian ocean. But I will resist and continue North inland.
ttfn
Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment