Tuesday 6 March 2012

Billy's Camp No. 3 Sawpit Campgrounds, Vic






6/03/2012

G'Day All,

I moved on to the Sawpit Campgrounds on  Sunday 4/03/12 in the Mt Clay State Forest. Its a chill out spot in the forest with not much to do. I called into the Fitzroy River mouth, but it was exposed and wind blown. The last couple of days at Aire River were wet n windy, bloody windy. 
Besides the GOR, there is also the GOW, W is for walk. I did a short one from the camp at Aire River and the pics are below.
The weather is so variable here at the moment and I was driving through fog at Lavers Hill in 15 degree temperatures. I traveled via Port Campbell, Peterborough, Warrnambool and Port Fairy. Not much I can say about Warrnambool, except it has a double r in it. Port Fairy though, is a lovely township with great 1850 bluestone buildings and a fantastic "harbour" and marina. The marina had wooden and modern yachts and fishing boats moared. My pics dont do it justice.
The camp here has a mixture of grey nomads and "van packers", most just stay overnight. The vans used by the van packers are perhaps recycled tradies vans sent back to haunt us tradies.The sound of the closing of the side sliding door is often, and repeated. I did it for 20 something years w my Mazda vans.
All 3 campgrounds ( free ) I have stayed at to date are either being, or have been recently improved by the Vic Gov. !
GOW

GOW

Views from GOW

Boats on, ready to go next morning.


A walkers rest/eating place hidden away on the track



On the move again, Aire River Valley

15 degrees at Lavers Hill

The Arch


What was once London Bridge


Peterborough golf course
Bay Of  Islands



Ditto

Ditto
Ditto

 
Zoom of above



Electricians method of filling 2 x 80 ltr water tanks at the same time!
Port Fairy

Ditto

Whalers lookout Mt Clay State Forest

Kookaburra in full flight- true- great pic, lol.

Sawpit Campground road in
The reason behind the campground name !



I will be leaving here tomorrow and heading to Portland on the way to either Nelson or the Grampians, I will sort that tonight :)

Catch ya's in a week or so :)

Bill (y)

4 comments:

  1. Enjoying reading your blog dad xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too dad. I can even hear your can door closing in my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you doing up at 4am steph?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bill,

    What a wonderful trip and so many excellent photos!

    ReplyDelete