Thursday 22 March 2012

Billy's Camp No.5, Wilson Hall, Lower Glenelg Nat Park, Vic.


22/03/2012

Hi All,

I left the Grampians on Weds 14th and traveled to a Vic parks campsite named Wilson Hall, on the Glenelg River in the Lower Glenelg National Park. I traveled via Cherrypool, Cavindish, Hamilton, Digby, Dartmoor and Drik Drik, about 350 k's.
Not a lot of pics taken and not a hell of a lot to do, bar fishing, but still very enjoyable, lots of wildlife. I fished the river by boat and by bank at the camp, and the mouth estuary in Nelson. Nelson has a pub, a garage, a general store and an info centre. Thats it !
I was camped about 10 k's as the crow flies, 25k's by road and the river takes a lazy 50 k's to get to Nelson, I didnt explore all of it but apparently it is as per the video most of the way to the mouth.

I decamped on 20/03/12 and I have now moved on to the Coorong Nat Park near/on the Murray River in SA, about 25k's from Meningie, a great spot and will be very scenic when the wind dies down in a day or so.

Total k's to date, about 3800. On a windy day all up its about 19 to 20L/100k's on a flattish SA road. The wind is about 3 litres per 100 k's regardless of its direction, the boat atop is worth 3 and the trailer is 3.
The road in

                                         

If this dosnt work its google not your settings or my uploading :)
The video is typical of all the river I saw, I have another without the mist and the swallows are everywhere working the water. The mist in real life is much more pronounced. Also looks great in full screen.
The time this video takes, Brockie has done a lap of the mountain :)
And I notice Jas and Roddo are no longer............Billy n Zac strike !


Any guesses ?

Reminded me of "The old man and the sea"

Glenelg River mouth, Nelson

Two meals in this black bream

Mt Gambier's water supply, the Blue Lake


It changes colour quickly in November from grey to blue and stays blue until late March and then reverts back to grey.



Kingston SE Jetty

Typical SA Limestone Coast  coastline

Flat...

New campsite outlook, Coorong Lagoon

The ocean is on the other side of the dunes


I couldnt get the video to up load, will try again for next blog.
I did it, yes, not a luddite afterall :)

ooroo  for now,

Bill(y)

1 comment: